This tiered dress is a beautiful medley of diverse designs hand block printed in natural indigo on soft cotton mul. It is characterized by the fabric-lined bodice in geometric prints with embroidered shoulder straps, followed by multiple overlapping tiers printed in different floral motifs and prints giving this dress volume and rhythm. The symphony of six different prints in traditional kalamkari and multiple tiers add to the allure of our modern adaptation of the Victorian tier dress.
- Made in South India
- 100% cotton mul
- Naturally Dyed
- Hand block printed Kalamkari
- Indigo and off-white
- Model is 5’ 6” and is wearing size S
The intricate prints on our clothing are a part of the legacy of a sole third-generation kalamkari artist who uses natural dyes in the printing process. The floral prints in this dress are reminiscent of lush hills and valleys which provide us with the raw materials needed to make this fabric. The cotton mul fabric is sourced from GOTS certified cotton farms in South India and the natural dye is made from leaves plucked from the indigo shrubs grown in the hamlets around Tindivanam, Tamil Nadu, where the practice of extracting indigo dyes has been carried out for centuries.
Product Length - 48" for all sizes.
‘With a little care, our clothing can last a long long time, contributing to a more sustainable fashion chain.’
- Hand wash with cold water is preferred
- Wash separately to avoid staining in case of colour bleeding
- A little amount of very mild detergent is sufficient. Avoid using stain removers
- Steam or hot iron press can be used on the reverse side
- Do not dry in direct sunlight to avoid colour fading
- Do not dry clean
- Do not machine wash
- Do not wring