Our collection without this saree would be incomplete as the Malabar coast would be without its fish. With backwaters sprawling through each nook and cranny of every village in Kerala, the fish and fishermen become not just common objects to sight but come to form a distinctive culture of the region.
The 'Fish and Sun' print on the palloo of this saree is placed asymmetrically with the fish in reddish-pink hues and the sun in a golden yellow hue. The rest of the saree is printed with the traditional square Indian motif delicately embellished with square glass mirrors analogous to the reflections of the backwaters.
- Saree length - 5.5 m
The fabric used is an unbleached organic cotton that has been pre-washed during the print process. The dyes used are 100% natural, organic, non-toxic, skin and earth-friendly.
Pebble white saree with Madder red, black and mustard yellow detailing.
- Care Instructions
‘With a little care, our clothing can last a long long time, hence contributing to a more sustainable fashion chain.’
- A hand wash with cold water is preferred.
- Wash separately to avoid staining in case of colour bleeding.
- A little amount of very mild detergent is sufficient. Avoid using stain removers.
- Steam or hot iron press can be used on the reverse side.
- Do not dry in direct sunlight to avoid colour fading.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not wring.